Budapest Audio Guide
Your loud pocket guide in Budapest
Discover Budapest's secrets in an exciting new way. Forget the crowded sightseeing tours and get your nose out from that guidebook!
Download the Budapest Audio Guide on your MP3 player, iPod or MP3 mobile and discover the city at your own paceExperience the real Budapest with the Budapest Audio Guide:
- Have your own local tour guide who speaks perfect English, speaks only when YOU want to listen to him, all for less then a lunch in a restaurant
- See the real face of the city, and know what's under the surface
- Understand the Hungarian mentality
- Learn some basic Hungarian words to ease your contact with locals
- Discover the city like a local, using public transportation (of course you can take a taxi if don't have enough time)
Listen to a sample (the introductory music is from Berlioz - Hungarian Dances):
Do you know a better or more fascinating way to discover Budapest than this audio city guide?
Don't rush to answer. Listen to our thoughts first. In the past, you may have signed up for a sightseeing tour that left you exhausted, having to keep up with the group and the relentless pace of the tour guide. These types of city tours can easily disconnect you from the real atmosphere of the town you visit. You simply don't have time to immerse yourself in the everyday life of the city. A sightseeing tour has a predefined route and you may not be interested in all of the sights, but you cannot skip them. The city tour's speed may not fit always your own rhythm, so you can feel like an outsider in the group.
A guidebook or travel guide can be an alternative for getting around a town. You have the freedom to choose which sites you would like to visit. However, travel guides have to be carried with you, and you might need to flip them through every minute to know where you are. You can easily spend a whole day reading instead of focusing on the beauty you can SEE around you. How can you enjoy the city if your nose is mostly in the travel guide?
These were exactly our experiences, which led us to start developing the Budapest Audio Guide. We want to give you the freedom and possibility of exploring all that's interesting about Budapest- without hassle. You'll get a private guide who will speak only when YOU want to listen to him. You can stop any time for coffee or beer in a pleasant place, or simply take a breather. When you're ready, you can continue the tour. Discover the city at your own pace, without being forced to adapt to others.
How does the Budapest Audio Guide work?It is extremely simple. Just follow these two steps:
STEP 1: download the audioguide on your mp3 device (e.g. iPod, memory stick, mobile phone with mp3 feature).
STEP 2: print out the attached map with the presented sights marked.
That's all! You are ready to start exploring Budapest.
The Budapest Audio Guide contains the must see sights of the city and many other surprises
The audio tour presents more then 20 sights grouped around the following locations:
- 1 Royal Palace
- 2 Matthias Church (with Fishermen's Bastion)
- 3 Chain Bridge and the Danube
- 4 Parliament
- 5 Saint Stephen's Basilica
- 6 Opera
- 7 Dohany Street Synagogue
- 8 Heroes' Square
- 9 City Park (with Szechenyi Thermal Spa)
- 10 Citadel
Take a look at the audio guide's interactive map to understand more about the value of the audio tour.
Let's summarize what is Budapest Audio Guide about
- Go at your own pace, no need to keep up with the relentless speed of a sightseeing tour.
- Immerse yourself in the everyday life of the city.
- Your guide is in your ear, no need to carry a heavy travel guide or spend the day reading. SEE the beauty around you.
Sign up for our FREE email tips to set yourself up for an enjoyable city break in Budapest! Learn a lot of valuable information about Hungary, Budapest and its people. Get the hottest news about trendy bars, restaurants and nightlife. If authentic or peaceful places are more your style, you'll find useful information about that too.